From the Long Island Moving Experts
Don't begin the daunting task of moving blind! Here are some helpful
tips gathered from our 29 years of experience as a leading
Long Island moving company. Our tips can save you time, money, and a lot of hassle during the moving process.
Our moving tips include:
- Keep your phone service active on moving day.
- Arrange for your children or pets to be cared for by a relative or friend.
- Order your box delivery in advance so you can get started packing early.
- If you're doing the packing, pace yourself so that everything is packed
by the big day. Unboxed items cause annoying delays and extra expenses.
- Write a destination on each box, and a brief description of the contents
on the side of the box. Post signs in the new home that correlate to the
- Large cabinets and desks must be emptied.
- The morning of the move, pack the contents of your fridge in a cooler or
moving box. Make this the last box on the truck and the first one off.
- Take apart any furniture can such as cribs, headboards, footboards, mirrors
attached to dressers, removable table legs, etc.
- Try to unplug and wind up television/stereo/computer cords, lamps, and
shades and disconnect the cable boxes.
- Don't forget to pack the tray inside the microwave.
It's these little things that add up and can save you money if you
take care of them ahead of time. Men on the Move can help you with any
of these items that you cannot take care of alone. Contact us at (718)
343-3424 to get started moving!