Before you tackle your move we encourage you to review these helpful tips and suggestions. We’ve found these to not only be time-savers but in most cases back-savers and cost saving tips! The following is a list of Men On The Move’s tried and true suggestions for you!
- Make sure you have phone service on the move day.
- If possible, have your children and pets taken care of by a friend or relative.
- Order your FREE box delivery well in advance of your move so you can get started packing.
- If you are doing the packing, pack a certain number of cartons each day to ensure everything that can be boxed is packed by move day. Items that are not boxed can cause delays and unnecessary added expense to your move.
- Write a brief description of the contents of each box on side (not the top) of the box so you can locate the items you want when the boxes are stacked. Give the box a destination: “Suzie’s Room”, then at the new home, have a sign posted on all the rooms with the correct names.
- The contents of your dresser drawers DO NOT necessarily need to be emptied. Only pack items that are not clothing or if the furniture is over sized.
- Desks and large cabinets must be emptied.
- Pack your fridge the morning of the move into a cooler or a moving box. It should be the last box on the truck and first one off.
- Have things taken apart if you can. For instance, cribs, headboards, footboards, mirrors that are attached to dressers, and table legs that must come off, etc.
- Even try to unplug and wind up television/stereo/computer cords, lamps and shades, disconnect the cable boxes and don’t forget to pack the tray inside the microwave!
- It’s these little things that add up and can save you money if you take care of them.
Of course, if you are unable or not inclined to do these things, then Men On The Move is ready, willing and able to do all of these things and more! Be sure to use our contact page to reach us.